Lion Brewery - Oktoberfest 2009 (not)

I am sad to report that the 2009 Lion Brewery Oktoberfest celebration will NOT be held. Lionbrewery.com cites the ongoing renovation and expansion as the reason and they also note that plans are underway for the 2010 celebration. My Lederhosen are very sad.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

3 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Professor Bartels14 July, 2009 14:09

    What are they renovating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't I read somewhere that the Lion has lost money on the past Octoberfests? Is this the reason for not holding it this year. Nonetheless, I'll still be supporting my local brewery, even if they don't have a 'Fest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know previous Oktoberfest celebrations were certainly not profitable and not necessarily meant to BE profitable. I'm not sure we'll get any answer as to what their reason may be, but I agree....I'll certainly support Lion with or without O'Fest.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).