Chip the Beer Guy Rock 107 - Dogfish Head Fort

Chip is a hockey fan, Chip attends games at our arena...and they serve Stegmaier! Sounds like a headline but I'm always happy to hear about Lion Brewery products being sold and consumed in our area. I only wish I spent more time at hockey games to be able to see it on tap on a regular basis. It's fun to hear about people discovering Stegmaier beers and craft beer in general. Like Chip I consider myself a Beer-Evangelist of some sort and as I've said before, the mission of mybeerbuzz.com has always been to connect great beers with beer lovers...and we're especially happy when we see Chip, John, Jay & Ruthie doing the same....to that I say Cheers....but now, on to the beer!

Guys....you finally stepped on a mybeerbuzz.com happy landmine. I love DFH Fort and I'm all giggles this morning just thinking about this 18%ABV tasty treasure. We received a bottle as a gift a few years back (Thanks Kevin), aged it for about 8 months and opened it on the beach in North Carolina...and we loved it. Now any time we see Fort, we pick up another bottle. This brew ages really well, and one time I managed to hold a bottle for a little over 15 months...and we loved it even more. The only Fort-problem we have now is whenever we see it we buy it, AND drink it. I simply can't save it long enough to age...but wait...have I mentioned I love this stuff? In fact now that you mention Fort, I know where I may be able to pick up another bottle tonight to enjoy on our upcoming west coast beer tour next week (where I know everyone will love it like I do).

Fort has been my mybeerbuzz beer find of the week more than once, and all of our drinking pals (except one friend with Raspberry allergies that we almost killed---Sorry J) love it like I do. So what a great way to start off a Friday....sitting here at the computer drooling, just thinking about DFH Fort.

So my Friday suggestion of the day is to wait until this afternoon (just to ensure I pick up my bottle of Fort) and then go out and get some for yourself. My ONLY 2 cautions would be 1) Those with Raspberry Allergies should choose a different beer and 2) please share this beer, and if you do decide to "save" all 22-ounces for yourself....do it at home. This is a STRONG brew and as such Fort will kick your ass and take your name if you consume the whole bottle. Plan accordingly, but be sure to get this before it's all gone.

Cheers guys.....great show.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).