Stegmaier Memorabilia

15 March 2009

I just thought many of you would get a kick out of this great old piece of Stegmaier Memorabilia I came across on eBay. I've intentionally waited until it sold so as not to play any role in the bidding and in any case I have no connection to the seller or any bidders...I just thought it was cool. It's a pre-prohibition metal corner sign and wait until you see what it sold for! Clicky HERE to go check it out.



6 comments (click to read or post):

sam k,  16 March, 2009 16:34  

Yeah, I was watching that sign just to see what it would go for. Nice stuff holds its value even in a down economy.

From this sign, it seems that Stegmaier may have used Gibbons' slogan first!

mybeerbuzz,  16 March, 2009 17:23  

I noticed that too....good eye.

Anonymous,  17 March, 2009 16:22  

interesting... i have several friends who are members of the BCCA, the country's biggest breweriana collectors group, and they say that there are many collectors who specialize in JUST Stegmaier since it's got such a rich history..

mybeerbuzz,  17 March, 2009 17:29  

I'm sur ethere's a log of interesting Stegmaier items....I'll admit I've gather up a few myself.

tazio 23 March, 2009 13:17  

Wow! So when it says corner sign what exactly does that mean? Does that mean it's for an interior inside corner of say, a taproom?

mybeerbuzz,  23 March, 2009 13:27  

I assumed exterior corner so it was visible on two streets (assuming the bar was on a corner).

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate them so it may not immediately appear...and please be nice!

Lets Talk Beer!

We've added some tools to encourage interaction. First and foremost, you'll see the Recent Comments section up above. This list displays the most recent comments from individual posts. Feel free to comment on ANY post by clicking on the "comments" link at the bottom of any post, or any link in the Recent Comments section. Comments are moderated, however you can choose to post anonymously.

Please also remember mybeerbuzz is very active on Facebook & Twitter and we DO support RSS feeds for posts and comments.

My NEW Facebook Fan Page Come LIKE it!

WILK Friday BeerBuzz

Advertising

mybeerbuzz.com is not affiliated with any of the advertisers shown above. We run Ads as a way to help offset the costs to run this FREE blog....BUT if you do happen to click on any of these ads (even if you don't buy), we do eventually get a few pennies....literally.

Sponsor mybeerbuzz.com

Creative Commons License
mybeerbuzz.com by mybeerbuzz.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at mybeerbuzz.com.

  © Copyright 2014 mybeerbuzz.com

Back to TOP