06 March 2009
Sgt. Joe Friday of Dragnet fame used to say, "Just the facts ma'am", and since our business-bullet style worked out so well last week, I thought this week we'd do a little Dragnet shizzle, because that's just how I roll...
- Today's show featured a phone guest, Bob Seaman, from Yuengling Brewery.
- Yuengling Brewing facilities are in Pottsville, PA and Yuengling IS Americas oldest brewery, opening it's doors in 1829.
- Either Yuengling has a 623 barrel facility outside Tampa, FL or as Bob Seaman put it, "Yuengling follows you wherever you go."
- Yuengling Bock is being released for the first time since 1971.
- Although there is no truth to the rumor Yuengling Bock is simply a mix of Yuengling Porter and Lord Chesterfield, those two brews were used to help formulate the recipe.
- The original Bock recipe was lost, however Dick Yuengling remembered much of what went into the 1971 brew and the guys were able to re-create the original brew.
- Yuengling Bock IS Dry-hopped.
- Yuengling bock is a keg-only beer and MAY be released in bottles next year.
- Chip can apparently perform mathematical calculations live on the air to total up the number of gallons in a 623 barrel brewing system.
- mybeerbuzz.com member Purvs is now sponsoring the show, congrats Bryan.
- Purv's new catch-phrase is, "Beer is important, so shop where Chip the Beer Guy Shops."
Finally, despite the musical intro to the show featuring AC / DC's musical rendition of "Big Balls", mybeerbuzz.com would like to go on the record as officially condemning the use of the word "balls" as it relates to beer or beer consumption, especially when it is done prior to 9AM in the morning and especially when our very own Ruth Miller is in the room.
Great guest, & great show...Cheers & balls to you guys.....(not you Ruthie)