Chip the Beer Guy Rock 107 - Ommegang Hennepin Saison

I'll keep this short & sweet so you have time to run to Grotto. Loved the show, loved the beer, but if Grotto is really selling Ommegang Hennepin Saison for $2.50 a bottle...I need time to run out the door NOW!

By the way that's my favorite quote of the day...."Ommegang Hennepin for $2.50"

I've removed my disclaimer...Upon further checking it appears as though Grotto Pizza Wyoming Valley Mall WILL be selling 12oz Ommegang Hennepin bottles today (7/18) for $2.50!

So for my real review I just wanted to say John's comment of "When I smell it I want to hug everyone" really made me laugh. Cheers Guys...great show...

To hear Chip's PodCast or watch the still blurry Video CLICK HERE

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

11 comments (click to read or post):

  1. If a local outlet's selling Hennepin, I'd suggest anyone/everyone go there and get some. Then again it's one of my all-time favorite beers, as well as my favorite summer beer. Thankfully, I've a sixtel of it waiting in the wings for the current Lancaster Milk Stout to kick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to double that Hennepin-vote and also confirm that Yes for today only (7/18) Grotto Pizza Wyoming Valley Mall location IS seling 12oz Hennepins for $2.50. I'm also sure a few of us here would be happy to help kick that pesky Milk Stout...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet y'all would too. To give Lancaster its due, their Milk Stout is a delicious beer too. But since I know it's toward the end of its life, I might consider it to move the Hennepin, in favor of the Oktoberfest I'd want for September/October (jeez, how time flies, and how fortunate we are to live in such a great beer producing region).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time flies when you're drinking beer. Doesn't each beer-year count as 7 real years or am I thinking of cats?

    ReplyDelete
  5. In a way it doesn't matter, does it?

    For those (like me) who REALLY like the Hennepin, and those 12 oz'ers Grotto is selling only whet your appetite for more, I note that Plaza Beverage is listing that, and 3 Philosophers as new arrivals. Go. Buy. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are fast...I just posted the Plaza Beverage updates minutes ago or is that hours ago in beer-years...who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately the $2.50 Ommegangs were in fact too good to be true. I walked in, said to the bartender "I understand you have a good price today on Ommegang". That drew a completely blank stare. So I said "the Chip the Beer Guy beer". She said "Oh, we're not doing that today".

    But I did finally try a beer I've seen around a lot, Ithaca Apricot Wheat. Not something I'd normally order as I'm not a big fan of apricot, but it was rather tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALL VERY NICE! You are producing a great blog here! Lot's o' fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I'll let the guys know. That's dissapointing for sure. Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Sam....stay tuned...I plan to be way funnier tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang, sorry to hear that. I'm surprised Wegmans doesn't stock Ommegang, esp considering they're a NY brewery and all.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).