I'll admit it....I love Chocolate beers! Apparently I'm not alone.

OK so I'm hooked. Yes there is a case of Rogue Chocolate Stout in my basement...and I'll admit that there are cans of Youngs Double Chocolate Cream Stout chilling in my 'fridge right now. There's just something innately satisfying about a sweet chocolate or cocoa-based stout. Thankfully I'm not alone. In the same light as their Midas Touch meade-based beers, Dogfish Head has chased down the DNA of an ancient cocoa-based brew found on shards of pottery dated from 1100 B.C. in Honduras. The beer is called Theobroma and although I've heard rumors of sightings (tastings) in their Rehoboth brewpub, the beer is scheduled for release in Aug 2008. I can't wait!

Click Here to check out Getting Drunk on Chocolate in 1100B.C.

And Click Here for the DFH description of Thoebroma

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).